As a Senior Software Engineer, your role will be to propose and lead development projects within the software team to create state-of-the-art software for digital radiography and computed tomography.
- Develop and support software for use in computed tomography and digital radiography acquisition and processing.
- Develop and support algorithms for image processing, computer vision and pattern recognition.
- Investigate new technologies and algorithms to improve software performance using parallelization and GPU(s) programming.
- Establish and conduct test plans to validate new software and algorithms.
- Develop and support software interface to a variety of hardware devices: X-ray detectors, X-ray sources, optical cameras, motion components.
- Create technical documentation that describes the software’s functionality.
- Communicate new developments and findings to internal and external customers, or professional conferences.
- Work within a team: help maintain legacy code, participate in task planning, platform architecture evolution.
- Proficient with C++, C# or Java
- Experience with GUI design (winforms, WPF or similar)
- Self-motivated, flexible and customer focused
Skilled in one or more of the following:
- GPU programming
- 3D computer graphics
- Image processing
- Computer vision
- Machine learning
- Computed tomography
At least 3 years of experience as a software developer.
Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics is required.
Applicants with Master’s or PhD are preferred.
Why North Star Imaging?
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage options
- 401(k) program with company match up to 4.5%
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness program
- Educational reimbursement
- 3:1 Corporate Match of charitable contributions
- Paid volunteering time up to 24 hours a year
Candidate requirements include:
- Passing results on both pre-employment drug and background checks (which includes driving record) are required.
- Must be able to provide proof that you are legally able to work in the United States.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.