NSI X-ray Engineers/Technicians perform a wide variety of duties associated with performing x-ray & CT inspection services. The primary function of this role is to perform x-ray & CT inspection services on customer supplied products in accordance with customer requirements, written directions and standard industry practices. X-ray engineer/technician will work with Principal X-ray Engineer to complete jobs in East Coast ISG Lab. The secondary function of this role is to perform various tasks to assist with the daily operations of the company’s East Coast office contract services.
- Work with industry leading companies to visualize the interior of their product using world class digital x-ray imaging products.
- Help customers with failure analysis, product development, R&D and production level projects by utilizing digital radiography and computed tomography equipment.
- Develop DR and CT techniques and perform imaging on customer supplied product.
- Reconstruct and compile scan data with completed deliverables as per customer requirements.
- Develop creative sample fixturing methods to increase efficiency of the digital x-ray imaging process.
- Work with Business Development Manager to quote projects and propose scanning solutions to meet and exceed customer’s requirements.
- Customer service - interaction with clients and potential clients both on phone and in person to include webinars, onsite meetings, technical expertise, reports and presentations.
- Perform post processing analysis on CT scan data according to customer requirements (e.g. metrology, CAD comparison, porosity analysis, automated inspection).
- Maintain and continually develop world class leading x-ray and CT knowledge.
- Must have ability to pass ASNT level II test, basic digital radiography and advanced CT courses once hours are documented and completed.
- Demonstrate NSI software and hardware products to prospective customers 5-10% of time
- Provide operational support to the Business Development Manager
- Complete daily records of project completed
- Maintain equipment per NSI guidelines
- Perform preventive maintenance on x-ray equipment
- Assist with processing of orders and shipment of customer supplied parts
- Shipping and receiving of customer supplied parts and deliverables
- Travel up to 10% to customer sites or company headquarters
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to perform overtime & weekend work as needed
- Strong attention to detail
- General technical and mechanical aptitude
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor & appearance
- Good computer skills; general windows operations and networks
- Ability to achieve ASNT Level II within 1 year
- Experience with Computed Tomography or Radiography or other Non-Destructive Techniques.
- Knowledge of X-ray principals
- Experience with CAD and/or other 3D rendering programs.
- Drawings and schematics reading
An associate degree in a STEM discipline.
A Bachelor’s Degree within a STEM discipline is highly preferred.
Why North Star Imaging?
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Paid time off and holidays
- Wellness program
- Life insurance up to 8x the salary
- Educational assistance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts with ITW’s key suppliers: cars, computers, appliances and more
A valid driver’s license is required for this position.
A good driving record is necessary.
Must be able to provide documentation to prove you are legally able to work in the United States.
North Star Imaging enforces a policy of a drug free workforce.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.