The primary function of this role is to study and understand electrical designs and motion control solutions for industrial x-ray systems, with an emphasis on automation and robotics. Working in a multidisciplinary team, review, test, and maintain designs of automation controls, PLC programs, robotic programs, and various software applications. This position is responsible to ensure work is performed to company standards with considerations to costs and timeline.
- Provide robust electrical design for integrating components of our x-ray systems.
- Support and maintain various software solutions.
- Test robotics interfaces.
- Evaluate complex motion designs incorporating motion control systems, robotics, and part handling in accordance with project requirements.
- Prepare drawings for the fabrication and assembly of equipment.
- Prepare bill of materials.
- Provide analysis of automation components including drive systems.
- Develop risk assessment and safety plan for robotic installations.
- Interface with manufacturing to support product assembly, testing, troubleshooting and
- Interface with project management to ensure projects meet schedule and delivery requirements.
- Develop working knowledge of X-ray and NDT techniques through NSI technical experts.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects and prioritize to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Prepare and participate in internal design reviews with cross functional team.
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop innovative solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate will be competent in electrical and software design with strong communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication
- Knowledge of automation components including pneumatics, PLC logic, and robotic fixturing and gripping
- Motor control knowledge (i.e. servo, stepper, VFD)
- Exposure to software programming languages; C++, C#, structured text, ladder logic
- Basic understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with industrial robots is desired
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Time management
- Continual learner
- Ability to take lead when necessary
- Adaptable to rapidly changing environment
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis
Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Electrical or Controls Systems Engineering with 2 years of course work completed.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.