The primary function of this role is to provide mechanical engineering/design and be responsible for technical aspects of industrial x-ray, automation and CT products. This position is responsible to ensure work is performed to company and customer standards with considerations to business strategy, costs and timeline.
- Provide robust mechanical design of CT products and components.
- Design assemblies and components using SolidWorks.
- Provide design and technical support throughout product lifecycle.
- Develop complex motion designs incorporating motion control systems, robotics, and part handling in accordance with project requirements.
- Prepare detailed drawings for the fabrication and assembly of equipment.
- Prepare detailed bill of materials.
- Prepare detailed floor layouts and facilities requirements for the customer.
- Provide FEA analysis of assemblies and sub-components.
- Provide analysis of automation components including drive systems.
- Interface with manufacturing to support product assembly, testing, troubleshooting and installation.
- Support supply chain to provide vendor quotes, estimates, and technical interface.
- Interface with project management to ensure projects meet schedule and delivery requirements.
- Develop working knowledge of X-ray and NDT techniques through NSI technical experts.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects and prioritize to meet internal and external deadlines.
- Prepare and participate in internal design reviews with cross functional team.
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop innovative solutions.
- Support services to provide customer support for technical issues.
- Some travel required.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication.
- Skilled at 3D modeling and detail drawing (e.g. SolidWorks, NX, Inventor).
- Ability to perform mechanical analysis using FEA and hand calculations.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques including machining, and sheet metal and welding fabrication.
- Good time management.
- Ability to take lead when necessary.
- Adaptable to rapidly changing environment.
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- 5 years of experience as a mechanical engineer.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical systems, their design, and supporting analysis.
- Broad knowledge of documentation and quality systems, including engineering change and ISO 9001.
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required for this position.
Why North Star Imaging?
- Medical, dental and vision insurance coverage options
- 401(k) program with company match up to 4.5%
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness program
- Educational reimbursement
- 3:1 Corporate Match of charitable contributions
- Paid volunteering time up to 24 hours a year
Candidate requirements include:
- Passing results on both pre-employment drug and background checks (which includes driving record) are required.
- Must be able to provide proof that you are legally able to work in the United States
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.